1. ALLOW one tea bag or one level teaspoon of loose tea per serving. Supermarkets and specialty stores sell a variety of gadgets for holding loose tea; We like a gold filter.
2. USE fresh, cold water without heavy minerals or chlorine, or bottled spring water. BRING the water to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, MEASURE tea into a teapot.
4. POUR the water over the tea and let it steep for two and a half to three minutes, or to taste. This allows you to extract the most flavor and the most health benefits.
5. Once the tea is ready, REMOVE the bags or leaves to avoid excessive brewing.