Much of the content on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites has been developed by Relevate Health Group Inc. (“Relevate”) for use by authorized licensees (each a “Licensee”) of which Crouse Hospital is one. Licensees are independently owned and operated, and are separate from Relevate.
The following terms apply to your use of the Consumer Health and Wellness websites and related services, which are brought to you by the named Licensee. Additional terms, if any, will be available with the relevant services, and those additional terms become part of your agreement if you use those services. The Consumer Health and Wellness websites and services are hosted and conducted in the United States for U.S. consumers over the age of 13. No authorization is provided for use of the Consumer Health and Wellness websites outside the United States or for use by those who are under the age of 13. This Website does not provide medical advice. Call 911 if there is a medical emergency.
All content posted on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites is the responsibility of the party posting such content. Participation on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites by a party does not imply endorsement of any other party’s content, products, or services. CONTENT MUST NOT BE USED FOR MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT. See additional information.
The Consumer Health and Wellness websites and services are hosted and conducted in the United States for U.S. consumers over the age of 13. No authorization is provided for use of the websites outside the United States or for use by those who are under the age of 13.
This site contains content from credible sources representing different points of view. Relevate or the Licensee may display certain content to users based on the geographic location of the user. Certain contributors on these sites pay money or provide other value to Relevate or the Licensee in exchange for placement and/or additional messaging within the Licensee site.
Much of the content on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites has been developed by Relevate for use by authorized licensees (each a “Licensee”), of which [xxx name xxx] is one. Licensees are independently owned and operated, and are separate from Relevate.
• Personal Information about consumers who are under the age of 13;
• Personal Information about consumers who access websites from outside the United States; and
• Personal Protected Health Information of any kind.
The Consumer Health and Wellness websites link to other parts of the Licensee’s websites, which may offer additional services relating to your healthcare. Those parts of Licensee’s websites are governed by separate terms and conditions of use and privacy, which the Licensee has developed in order to provide specific health-related services to you. Please be sure to review which terms and conditions of use and privacy apply to the services being offered to you.
1. How your personal information is used
• Relevate or the Licensee may use your personal information to offer certain services to you.
• Relevate or the Licensee periodically may use for themselves, and provide to third parties, statistics and associations taken from your personal information and/or third party data, as part of an aggregated data set. These aggregated data sets do not contain any personally identifiable information.
• Certain features of the Consumer Health and Wellness websites and services can be used alone or in conjunction with other services. These features may share personal information to provide a better user experience and to improve the quality of services. For example, the services can help you find relevant information, including from advertisers and third parties. Information shared for these purposes is NOT personally identifiable.
2. How your personal health information is used
• Relevate DOES NOT INTEND to ask you to provide specific health-related information about you or your family. If you are asked for health-related information that you consider to be sensitive, please do not provide the information.
Last Modified December 1, 2016
Relevate and the Licensee have created and compiled the content on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites for your information and use. This information is not intended to replace or modify the medical advice of your doctor or health care provider. Please consult your health care provider for advice about a specific medical condition. Please remember that the information and content, in the absence of a visit with a health care professional, must be considered as an informational/educational service only and is not designed to replace a physician’s independent judgment about the appropriateness of risks of a procedure or condition for a given patient.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
If you believe any content on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites is infringing upon your copyright please send a copyright infringement notification to Relevate’s Designated Agent in accordance with the terms below.
To be effective, the notification must be a written communication. To expedite our ability to process your request, such written notice should be sent to our designated agent via email by contacting us.
To be effective, the notice must substantially include the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive copyright that is allegedly infringed;
2. Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
3. Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material. Providing URLs in the body of an email is the best way to help us locate content quickly;
4. Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
5. A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
6. A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please also note that the information provided in this legal notice may be forwarded to the person who provided the allegedly infringing content.
Much of the content on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites has been developed by Relevate Health Group Inc. (“Relevate”) for use by authorized licensees (each a “Licensee”) of which Crouse Hosspital is one. Licensees are independently owned and operated, and are separate from Relevate.
Consumers of the State of California, please also read Your California Privacy Rights to understand additional rights you may have pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
AS EXPLAINED IN THE HEALTH INFO POLICY , RELEVATE AND THE LICENSEE DO NOT INTENTIONALLY GATHER PERSONAL PROTECTED HEALTH INFORMATION OF ANY KIND ON THE CONSUMER HEALTH AND WELLNESS WEBSITE.
INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE CONSUMER HEALTH AND WELLNESS WEBSITES
We collect two types of information from you and other consumers to the Consumer Health and Wellness websites: (1) “personally identifiable information” (as described below) and (2) “non-personally identifiable information” (as described below).
(1) “Personally Identifiable Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through the Consumer Health and Wellness websites:
• We may collect your email address, first and last name, zip code and birthdate, if you sign up for an online newsletter;
• We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question; and
• We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes.
(2) “Non-Personally Identifiable Information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose.
Here are some examples of the ways in which we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through the Consumer Health and Wellness websites, and how we use such information:
• Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the screens and pages of the Consumer Health and Wellness websites that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor the sites to the interests of you and our other consumers, and to measure traffic to and within the sites.
• Cookie. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites. For example, when you visit a screen or page on the sites, a cookie is placed on your machine (if you or your browser accept the cookie). This cookie may then be read by screen or pages on the sites. You may configure your browser to notify you or to reject and block cookies, but if you do, you may not have access to some areas of the sites, or to the personalized features of the sites.
• Web Beacon. A “web beacon”, “clear gif”, “web bug”, or “pixel tag” is a tiny graphic file with a unique identifier that is similar in function to a cookie, but allows us to count the number of users that have visited certain pages or screens of the Consumer Health and Wellness websites, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which may be stored on your computer’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on pages or screens.
• Demographic Information. “Demographic information” may be your gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through the Consumer Health and Wellness websites and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that the sites and services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE CONSUMER HEALTH AND WELLNESS WEBSITES
(1) Personally Identifiable Information.
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, we will only use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected. Primarily, we use it on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites to:
• Help create and publish content most relevant to you;
• Allow you access to certain areas of the sites;
• Register you as a member and develop your profile and enable you to take advantage of any personalized features of the sites;
• Deliver services, such as educational programs, information, newsletters, or software that you request;
• Alert you to special officers, updated information, and other new services we or third-parties offer;
• Forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of the promotion;
• Complete a transaction or service requested by you;
• Target the sites to your needs;
• Identify you as a poster or provider of content; and
• Contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us.”
(2) Non-personally Identifiable Information.
We may use non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE CONSUMER HEALTH AND WELLNESS WEBSITES
(1) Personally Identifiable Information.
Primarily, we may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
• To fulfill a service to you.
For example, if you choose to watch an educational video available on the Consumer Health and Wellness websites, we may share your personally identifiable information to provide the program to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information to fulfill the terms of that promotion, including for prize fulfillment purposes or with mail carriers. We also may share your information with co-sponsors of such promotion.
• To offer you products or services available from the Licensee or unaffiliated third parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes.
• To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain the Consumer Health and Wellness websites and who help us with other administrative services (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions).
We seek to ensure that such unaffiliated third-parties will not use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which they are responsible. However, we cannot guarantee that they will not use it for any other purpose.
• To comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property and the Consumer Health and Wellness websites, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other consumers.
• To third parties as part of a corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
• To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our consumers and customers and provide such information to third parties.
• To protect against fraud and potential fraud.
(2) Non-personally identifiable information.
We may share and disclose your non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, sharing and disclosing non-personally identifiable information combined with personally identifiable information.
(3) International Concerns.
These websites are intended for the use of consumers in the U.S. If you are visiting from or live in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information about you, including personally identifiable information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union, and you consent to:
• The transfer of information about you, including personally identifiable information, to the United States; and
(4) Access to Information.
If the Licensee has elected to have registered members and you have registered, you can review and update your profile at any time by logging-in and visiting the “My Profile” page.
These websites are intended for use by consumers over the age of 13. However, if a parent believes we have information about their child, the parent can review or request deletion of any personal information we have about their child, or request that there be no further collection or use of their child’s information, by contacting us. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child, to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or guardian, and appreciate your cooperation with those steps.
We communicate with Website participants on a regular basis via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we do provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of:
• Receiving other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates regarding new services and products offered on or through the Consumer Health and Wellness websites and any new features or services on the sites;
• Sharing or disclosing your personally identifiable information with third parties (other than the Licensee).
You may exercise your opt-out by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box, if such checkbox where such information is collected, or by contacting us. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until your request is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the applicable email.
(6) Third-Party Websites and Advertisers.
The Consumer Health and Wellness websites may contain links to third-party websites. Although we try to work with third parties that share our respect for user privacy, we are not responsible for the sites or privacy practices of such third parties. We may also use third-party advertisers, ad networks, and other advertising, marketing, and promotional companies, to serve advertisements on the sites. Such third parties may gather information about your visit to the sites or other websites, monitor your access to or market products or services to you, monitor the ads you view, click-on, or interact with, when they were delivered, and the screens and pages that they are on.
(7) Protection of Information.
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. So, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or others over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk.
Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software.
If we learn of a breach of our security system or processes, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Consumer Health and Wellness websites, or providing personally identifiable information to us through them, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the sites. In the event of a breach, we may post a notice on the sites or send you an email at the email address you provided.
YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS TO RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF SECURITY BREACHES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW OF YOUR UNITED STATES’ JURISDICTION.
You can also help us protect information about you by:
• Using only secure web browsers;
• Employing common anti-virus and anti-malware tools on your system to keep it safe;
• Carefully logging out after using the Consumer Health and Wellness websites;
• Using a strong password with a combination of letters and numbers.
• Notifying us , by contacting us if you feel your login and/or password have been compromised.
You consent to our assignment of the information we have about you, including personally identifiable information, should all or part of our assets be sold or acquired by another party or with a merger that has a similar effect.
California Consumers – Your Privacy Rights
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California consumer who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by contacting us. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.